Well Paid and Flexible Job as Math Mentor
The newest EdTech in Norway is looking for more mentors – do you want to join our team?
Edtech is short for educational technology, and House of Math is currently developing the leading online portal for mathematics in Norway. We have over 845 000 registered users across 243 countries. As a part of this, we need more committed mentors with the ability to communicate the subject matter in an efficient manner. House of Math employs more than 100 tutors today, and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our team. We seek skilled and motivated mentors from across the world for mentoring in the subjects of mathematics, physics, chemistry, economy, and statistics.
We recently released an online portal for mathematics at www.houseofmath.com. On the website, you can find everything you need to improve in mathematics, like the full curriculum for the 1st-13th grade, recipes for GeoGebra and Excel, boot camps in all basic topics, how to study and solve problems efficiently, and a chat manned by our mentors. The development of the portal is ongoing.
For the moment we are searching for international mentors who can be a part of our Mentor-on-Demand. Mentor-on-Demand includes both private tutoring, short video chat sessions, and online chat. Read more here: https://www.houseofmath.com/me...
In the chat, you will be answering math-related questions in English. You must be able to answer questions from all mathematical levels in high school. In the future, with our increasing internationalization, you will also have the opportunity to tutor students one-on-one.
Your opportunities with us:
- A varied, exciting, and flexible workday.
- A competitive hourly salary.
- An engaging and supportive administration that enables you to focus on your tutoring.
- The opportunity to participate in new and exciting projects in the online portal if you are familiar with LaTeX or programming.
- We supply you with resources you can incorporate into your tutoring.
- Great teamwork within an invigorating team of mentors.
- A fully remote position with flexible work hours.
This position requires you to have a clean criminal record. We would like you to have the following experience and abilities:
- Higher education from a college/university or you are a student within the subjects you wish to tutor.
- You can communicate clearly and fluently in English.
- Conscientious and eager.
- A burning interest in the subject matter.
- Good social skills.
- A good understanding of didactics and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Previous experience with tutoring will give you an edge.
We are looking for someone who is committed to teaching, whether you are in higher education or are working on other projects. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About the application process:
Send us your CV, cover letter, and grades from high school up to today. Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
House of Math has great variety in its teaching staff, ranging from freshmen in university to 70-year-olds still kicking around. Today the company consists of well over 130 teachers in Norway, in addition to an administration, a tech team, an ESG project, a marketing team, a recruiting team, and a creative team.
Our core values are: I am helpful, agile, courageous, curious, engaged and I have integrity.
Our vision is: Easy access to learning.
Our purpose is: Knowledge empowers people and strengthens society